DISABLED MILITARY VETERAN (DMV) TRANSPORTATION SERVICE
For service please call 740.439.0020
This service provides free transportation for local veterans of the Guernsey County area. Requests for transportation will be reviewed on a case by case basis ensuring that eligible persons are provided services for their needs.
Medical appointments ALWAYS have priority.
Proof of military service is required to be eligible for this benefit. Acceptable identification includes a DD214 (with photo I.D.), V.A. Medical Card, or an Active Duty/Retired Military I.D. Card.
The Guernsey County Veteran Service Office (VSO) 740.432.9295 can assist Veterans in obtaining proper proof of their military service.
- All requests within Guernsey County require a 24 hour notice. Please leave a detailed message, someone will return your call within that 24 hours.
- This service is provided free of charge. Our organization is a nonprofit 501 c 3 and does accept donations of any denomination to help defray fuel costs.
- If needing to cancel, be sure to cancel appointments with the DMV within 24 hours of scheduled appointment time.
- Anyone that receives Travel Pay from the VA is not eligible for these services.
- This service is restricted for Guernsey County residents.
- Columbus, New Albany and Dover appointments need to be scheduled before 1 p.m.
- All appointment times are subject to our approval and availability.
SHARE NOW >